Friday, December 05, 2008

Why I Hate Cleaning...

Most of the people of my generation were addicted to the sitcom, Friends, on tv. Those of you who know Monica know that she is the stereotypical Type A personality and clean freak. I can truly identify with Monica the most except for in one area...CLEANING! While I am a serious Type A personality, when it comes to cleaning I cringe! I don't tend to be a complainer but here are the top reasons I hate cleaning:

1. I clean, and in two days, it's back to the way it was before I cleaned.

2. Cleaning, for the most part, is mindless activity. There's no life or death problem to try and figure out. I'm not stretching my brain in any way.

3. I think that time spent making my house emaculate could be better spent making my husband happy and spending quality time with him.

Ha! So now when I invite you over to our house, you will probably think we live in filth, and that's not the case at all. It's not that I don't clean, it's just that I'm not too happy about it...lol.

I leave you with this quote that I find incredibly satisfying:

"A clean house is a sign of a wasted life."

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hahaha, I like the quote :) I am more productive cleaning when I'm listening to a podcast, for some reason. Music just doesn't do it for me while I'm cleaning. May have something to do with the dancing... ;) haha!

Linda said...

Your house being a wreck again after two days is a good thing! After you have kids, it will be worse than before within five minutes of you cleaning it up!! :o)